WHAT IS CBD?
- CBD (short for Cannabidiol) is one of the most studied cannabinoids, second only to THC. Being non-psychoactive, CBD provides numerous health benefits without THC’s intoxicating effects. CBD promotes restful sleep, provides pain relief, supports normal neurological function, improves mood, combats stress, supports normal cartilage and joint function, relieves occasional nausea, enhances relaxation, support the immune system and more.
- The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a group of cannabinoid receptors found throughout the body. The endocannabinoid receptors that make up the ECS are located in our Central Nervous System (CNS), Peripheral Nervous System (PNS) and Immune System. Our CNS includes our brain and spinal cord, while the PNS acts as a communication network linking our CNS to the rest of our body. Our brains contain the heaviest concentration of cannabinoid receptors, but there’s no shortage of them in our organs, tissues, glands and more. The saturation of ECS receptors throughout our body is part of why CBD has so many uses and is so effective.
HOW MUCH CBD SHOULD I TAKE?
- A number of factors determine your ideal CBD serving. This can include your weight, metabolism, and genetics, among others. Because each individual’s endocannabinoid system is unique, some people may only require a small amount of CBD to receive their desired benefits, while others may require much higher serving to experience the same effects. If this is your first time trying CBD, we recommend starting with a small serving of only 10-25mg and increasing it later if desired. CBD can take time to work, so wait up to 2 hours before ingesting another serving. Some people may require up to 100-150mg per serving or more of CBD to get the desired effect.
- CBD does not cause the mind-altering “high” that is often sought out amongst cannabis consumers. It’s another compound, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), that causes the mind-altering effects. It is for this reason that CBD is not considered psychoactive. However, the compound does have an effect on the brain and your mood. CBD and THC both engage the brain in different ways. THC binds directly to special locations in the cell known as cannabinoid receptors. These receptors were named after the active compounds in cannabis, called cannabinoids. Both THC and CBD are cannabinoids. THC directly engages cannabinoid receptors, causing a near immediate psychoactive high. CBD, however, engages a different location on these receptors (like a side pocket). While CBD does not produce a stand-apart psychoactive experience by connecting with this location, the molecule does alter the effects of other compounds that try to link up to the same spot.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CBD EXTRACT AND HEMP OIL EXTRACT?
- If you are trying CBD for the first time, you may not be sure what you should be searching for. For the first time buyer, it can be a challenge to sort through all of the options. Many retailers sell “hemp oil,” but these products should not to be confused with CBD. Hemp oil, or hemp seed oil, is extracted by pressing the seeds of the hemp plant. While hemp oil does possess a number of health-related benefits, hemp seeds do not contain any cannabinoids, so products labeled as “hemp oil” do not provide the reported benefits of CBD, or other cannabinoid-based products. The Hemp Industries Association makes the distinction between hemp oil and CBD extracts, stating, “CBD is not a product or component of hemp seeds and labeling to that effect is misleading and motivated by the desire to take advantage of the legal gray area of CBD under federal law. Hemp seed oil does not contain any significant quantity of CBD.”
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS METAL-FREE AND PESTICIDE FREE?
- Yes! All of our products made with 100% Organically Grown Non-GMO U.S. Hemp. Vegan friendly, Gluten Free, Premium Grade, Pesticide Free, No Metals and No Harsh Chemicals, Made in the USA, in our GMP-Certified manufacturer, 3rd-Party Tested, Industrial Hemp Registered, Farm Bill Compliant. Testing practices are critical to being able to ensure a safe and consistent product. We have all our CBD products third-party tested to make sure there are no heavy metals, pesticides, contaminants or impurities to ensure all our products are safe for consumption.
IS CBD LEGAL?
- Yes! CBD that is extracted from Industrial Registered Hemp and contains less than 0.3% THC is legal in all 50 states and over 40 countries around the world. You do not need a prescription to use it.
DO YOU EXTRACT CBD FROM THE HEMP PLANT?
Our extraction and purification process is what sets us apart. My Supreme Self products are made using a proprietary process which includes a CO2 extraction. This process creates a pure, clean, quality oil that is safe and effective. Being the most reliable extraction method, it uses carbon dioxide (CO2) under high pressure and extremely low temperatures to pull out as much CBD as possible, without introducing contaminants. This process ensures high quality and uses no harsh solvents or chemicals.
WHAT IS FULL SPECTRUM CBD?
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil is CBD oil that is extracted from the hemp plant with all of the other compounds present in the plant remaining. Meaning, it has not gone through the refinement process necessary to isolate the CBD. Full Spectrum CBD include terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids to help create a full body or “entourage effect.”
WHERE CAN I BUY MY SUPREME SELF?
My Supreme Self products are sold exclusively on www.mysupremeself.com. Check back soon for exciting retail partners.